Leadership Roundtable Application
The Leadership Roundtable is designed for seasoned pastors who want to step away from the demands of parish ministry for a brief time of intentional reflection on specific challenges they are facing both personally and professionally. The three-day event is intended to enable pastors to feel a renewed sense of call and fresh enthusiasm for serving their local church and the Church at large, as well as create deep networks of support for the journey ahead. Cohorts meet during the Spring semester (specific dates determined yearly) and applications are due on January 1 prior to the Spring gathering.
· Pastors or chaplains with 5 or more years in ministry
· Ordination in the pastor’s or chaplain’s denomination
· A member in good standing of his or her denomination (and recommended by a district leader)
Essay Questions (Please limit your response to 500 words per question)
1. Why do you want to participate in this program and how do you envision it benefitting you?
2. How do you understand your leadership role both inside and outside of your congregation/ministerial setting?
3. What issues do you see as most crucial for the church and pastoral leaders to address in this cultural moment?
4. Describe the congregation and community in which you serve.
5. List the 3 books you have read in the last year that have had the most impact on you and why.
Participants are fully responsible for cost ($450), plus airfare and transportation to and from the King Conference Center, 6404 Woodland Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64131 on the NTS campus. The cost includes 2 nights stay, all meals and 14 hours of lifelong learning credit. Where needed, NTS will work with each participant to identify the funds to participate.